Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in education is the mode of education that use information and communications technology to support, enhance, and optimize the delivery of information. Worldwide research has shown that ICT can lead to an improved student learning and better teaching methods. A report made by the National Institute of Multimedia Education in Japan, proved that an increase in the use of ICT in education with integrating technology to the curriculum has a significant and positive impact on students’ achievements. New Horizon has therefore implemented the ICT lessons to complement studies in the various classrooms. The ICT lessons are one of the student’s favorite activity because learning using ICT tools makes things a bit easier. 80% of the students have access to the ICT facility whiles the rest are not able due their physical conditions. Presently we have Desktop computers, iPad, Amazon Kindles and Tablets.
ICT Learning Activities
- Students learning colors, shapes, matching use either the Amazon kindles or the tablets to practice.
- High functioning students use the desktop Computers to learn how to type.
- Students listen to music to cool down.
- High functioning students also play games to aid concentration skills.
- Student Learning Alphabets, Numbers and word use the Computer to practice through games and puzzles.
- Students are thought how to use the internet to learn.